Solvent Recycling and Recovery
Our Custom & Specialties facilities in the United Kingdom offer a complete solvent recovery solution.
Whether it is a discrete solvent parcel of a few hundred tons or a regular stream for recycle totaling thousands of tons per year then we have vast experience in recovering and recycling a wide range of streams and by-products from across different manufacturing sectors (Pharma, Personal Care, Electronics and Agrochemical) a key one being Oil & Gas to which we offer a large scale, onshore desalination service.
Our expertise in distillation results in high purity materials that can be sold back to industry or returned to you improving circular economy, reducing total cost of ownership and improving your sustainability credentials.
Types of solvent that can be recovered
- Aromatic solvent
- Halogenated solvents
- Organic acids
High purity solvent recovery achieved by
- Azeotropic distillation
- Reactive Distillation
- Halogenated solvents
- Batch and Continuous
- Extractive distillation
- Multi-stage rectification
Benefits to your business
SEQENS offers not only basic waste solvent recycling, but also further options. With our toll recovery, your by-product streams and waste solvents will be purified to a high purity and returned-back to you for reuse. Alternatively, we can handle the wasted and re-purposed ourselves.
- Operational and technical excellence: Our teams are expert in their respected fields and use the latest technologies
- Agility: We can evaluate the suitability of your material for recovery and progress to plant scale quickly
- Flexibility: Alongside our solvent recovery, we can react and distil to deliver higher purity, improved value and sustainability credentials
- On-time delivery of service and supply chain
- Market connectivity for streams valorisation
- Location in the heart of a chemical cluster in the North East of United Kingdom
- Seveso III / COMAH sites offering abatement technology
We recover solvents and solvent by-products from
- Industrial solvents users and manufacturers
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Electronics industry
- Agrochemical industry
- Chemical manufacturers
- Flavors and fragrances
We have worked on a wide range of streams and by-products from these industry sectors for recovery/toll recovery. Many projects are for repeat customers and we continue to build on relationships we create to offer improved value for our customers.
Selling ethics for recovered solvents
When reselling our recovered solvents, we ensure that duty of care is taken into account and we are very aware of the ethics of using recovered solvents in relation to the industry in which the solvents are then used. We therefore sell the products to our customers on the following understanding.
This product comprises recovered material and should not be used for any tobacco products, medical devices, food, animal or pharmaceutical applications. The buyer shall ensure any onward sale of product or formulation containing product shall be similarly described. By accepting the order, the buyer agrees to these conditions. The buyer is aware that this is a recovered product and takes all responsibility for any claims arising from any onwards sale of the product.
Desalination services for Oil & Gas Industry
SEQENS can help you reduce costs and waste by regenerating waste solvent streams.
Monoethylene Glycol(MEG) & Methanol are widely used in the oil & gas industry to inhibit hydrate formation and prevent pipeline corrosion. To ensure effective operation, there is often a need for the continual injection of MEG or methanol. To reduce both operating and waste costs, SEQENS can offer to regenerate the resultant contaminated stream. The material is processed by us, onshore, and recovered to a purity suitable for recycling back to your process. Our dehydration unit removes water and salt from the material to meet your specification.
- Over 25 years of experience in MEG and Methanol regeneration
- The largest onshore desalination system in Europe
- Proprietary process technology
- High yield, high throughput process
- Multi-site facilities for business continuity
- A total service offering. Our plants have their own rich and lean storage tanks and bulk storage for holding large volumes awaiting processing or collection
- A fast, flexible and reliable service
- The highest health, safety & environmental standards and aim to offer production capability, operating to standards you can be assured of
- Process streams with up to ~15% w/w salt and ~65% water
- Process tens of thousands of tons per annum
- Recover ‘salt-free’ product down to 1% water
You can trust us with your desalination needs. We make outsourcing easy and you will love our flexibility and adaptability. Save your own capital, protect your equipment and put your processing needs in SEQENS safe hands.